Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Perfect Lapse

So I turn on the computer, intending to first do this menoblog but I got distracted by another thought in my head: to check my Facebook page. Arbitrary thoughts and nonsensical tangents flit in and out of my mind as quickly as the snow is flying outside the late April evening.

I just got back from a wonderful jaunt back east to North Carolina (not one speck of snow fell from the sky the entire week) and saw the state from border to border. I got home and because it's been a while since I was near a computer, I felt I had to catch up on a few things...,including this blog.

I proceed to the FB page and spend approximately 18 minutes browsing, answering, reading...

I then logged out of FB, my hands poised over they keyboard...and couldn't remember what I was supposed to do next.

I turned to my scientist-type boyfriend and asked, "What was it I was going to do on the computer before I logged onto Facebook?"

He pushed his glasses toward the end of his nose and looked down at me with those piercing, blue eyes, an expression of disbelief quickly replaced with one of understanding and sympathy as he realized that my short term memory is REALLY short term.

"Your blog?" he replied.

"Oh, right."

But that moment wasn't what I was going to write about but it was all I could remember to write about. As soon as I remember my thought, I'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment