Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Hour In The Life...

7:43 pm - Start to sweat as my mother gives me the earthquake chronology for the day beginning with the 7.2 in Baja

7:51 pm - Walk to the front porch with my cell phone while she's still talking to cool off.

7:55 pm - Hotflash over.

8:01 pm - Hotflash not over.

8:02 pm - Get out of my jeans and sweater, put a t-shirt on and stand back on the deck. It's a bizzard outside but I don't care.

8:05 pm - Hotflash over, go back in side. It's bloody freezing outside.

8:10 pm - Wondering what to have for dinner.

8:15 pm - Go upstairs and make Cream of Wheat

8:21 pm - Hotflash back. Cream of Wheat might be too hot to eat.

8:22 pm - Go back outside on the deck

8:27 pm - Hotflash over. Back into the kitchen. Cream of Wheat has coagulated and got hard. Not in the mood for Cream of Wheat anymore.

8:35 pm - Mom calls again with another earthquake update. I'm still hungry but not for anything hot.

8:41 pm - Decide to try Cream of Wheat again.

8:45 pm - Hotflash again. Throw Cream of Wheat down the sink. Stand outside on the deck as the snow whips around my head. Not hungry.

8:55 pm. - Have an apple. Watch Weather Channel Tornado show....on the bed...naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment